Please see UBC IT’s eduroam wireless network site for information about how to connect to eduroam.
Note: in some clinical locations, eduroam is broadcast on the 5 GHz frequency band only. Some devices may not be able to connect to this band. You will only see the eduroam SSID appear in your network list if you are able to connect.
If you belong to another post-secondary institution, please contact your institution’s IT help desk for connection information.
eduroam is currently available at:
- Surrey Memorial Hospital (5 GHz only)
- University Hospital of Northern British Columbia
- Royal Inland Hospital (5 GHz only)
UBC internet access is provided in the form of the ubcsecure network at other sites, including:
- Vancouver General Hospital
- GF Strong Rehabilitation Centre
- Richmond General Hospital
- Lions Gate Hospital
- Saint Paul’s Hospital
- Mount Saint Joseph Hospital
- CFRI at Children’s & Women’s Hospital
- Royal Columbian Hospital (UBC Library floor only)
Sites across the province are currently being prioritized based on the number of learners and the existing or planned wireless infrastructure at each site.
See Resources for more information about the use of eduroam in clinical sites.